Basmati rice is a fragrant amazing rice from India, that goes amazing with both indian and chinese dishes. Dhal is usually paired with rice, but I really like to eat dhal with basmati rice. I could eat basmati rice on its own as it has a beautiful smell, which pairs beautiful with dishes that are heavy with aromatic spices. The secret to good basmati rice is to leave it alone, no peaking. When you raise the lid you should see little holes in between the rice grains.
|Finished Basmati Rice|
Good for: Lunch
Time: 15 mins
Suitable: Vegetarian, Vegan
1 c basmati rice
2 c water
1 tsp salt
- Wash rice.
- Place rice with water and salt in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 10mins, covered all that time.
- When 10 minutes are past, take off heat and leave covered for a few minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.