Follow Chillibibi

Sundried Tomato Pesto Pizza at Kava, Kapok Hotel

Greek Pizza at Kava

Kava is located on the ground floor of the Kapok Hotel in Maraval, just off the Queen's Park Oval. You can enter Kava from the Hotel's main entrance, and parking is available in the Hotel's carpark. My first impressions of Kava was of a chic, modern space, populated with a natural muted color palette accentuated by bold refreshing pops of green and orange. The overall impact is very pleasing. This is complemented by an efficient indoor and outdoor seating plan.

Kava's menu ranges from cutters such as wings and samosas , salads, sandwiches, main dishes of pasta, steak and even curried chicken, and burgers. However my reason for going to Kava was none of the above, it was their Brick Oven Pizzas.

Kava boosts 19 pizzas on its menu, 7 of which are vegetarian. One thing that my family knows about me is my love of pizza; I want to eat my way to Italy one day soon. But the next best thing is sampling the best pizzas I can get find in Trinidad.

I usually eat vegetarian pizza, being vegetarian for a long time and having a huge amount of vegetarian friends and family, so a place that gives so many yummy vegetarian options is definitely a hit with me.

I have tried two of Kava's pizzas so far, the Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and the Greek, the former being the real winner with me. The Greek pizza was great, don't get me wrong; a lovely thin crust with topping of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives. Thin crust and cheesy toppings with bites of the salty feta.

The Sun-dried tomato pizza, as the name suggests was topped with sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, walnuts, basil and then the normal tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. This is far from your run of the mill pizza, its so unusual and unusually good. Who would have thought walnuts on a pizza would be so good and with the sweetness of the sundried tomatoes and the fresh taste of the pesto, its my definite favorite at Kava (so far).

The service the two times I have been to Kava was really good, and the pizza was cooked very quickly. You can actually see the brick oven that the pizza is being cooked in at one end of the restaurant and if you're lucky, you might see your pizza being shuffled into the oven. The ambience and décor is great for a lime, date or special occasion. Pizzas at Kava on average cost $100TT and feed two people.

Overall Kava was a fantastic pizza experience which I will definitely repeat.

Comments

Popular Posts